The Fredericton Convention Centre is recruiting for the position of Maintenance Worker. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for the following but not limited to:
- Ensure all building related equipment, tools and machinery are operating properly
- Carry out preventative maintenance activities on building equipment and structure
- Perform repairs to building finishes, structure and equipment, including HVAC equipment
- Perform light plumbing and carpentry duties
- Patch/Paint damaged walls and doors
- Must be able to work independently and be highly detailed.
- Must be flexible and a team player with a willingness to learn
- Be reliable, motivated and take pride in a job well done
- Hours are Monday through Friday; however, some weekends, nights and early mornings will be required on an occasional basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a tidy appearance
- Ability to sustain moderate physical activity. Requires lifting up to 25 pounds on a frequent basis and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds; pushing and/or pulling maintenance; bending, stooping, squatting and standing for extended periods of time.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Approximately 37.5 hours per week.
The Fredericton Convention Centre’s mandate is to attract new events to Fredericton and as such the team is dedicated to ensuring each delegate receives a warm Maritime welcome in New Brunswick’s Premier Meeting Destination. Are you willing to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a fantastic experience?
Please email cover letter and resume on or before December 2, 2019 to Brent Reed, Maintenance Manager, email@example.com. Hard-copy applications may be mailed or dropped off to Administration/Reception during regular office hours Monday through Friday. Please mark the envelope as 'Attention: Brent Reed'.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring an extraordinary team of professionals to lead the Fredericton Convention Centre requires timing of open positions and an organized system.
While we are pleased to accept and hold onto all resumes of interested individuals, return phone calls or letters of receipt will not be issued unless we are inviting you to interview for a specific position.
Thank you for your interest in our facility and we thank you for your understanding.